Thursday, July 23, 2020

Get ready, get set, ripen!

Yup, it's that time of year, again.  I know, I start posts about veraison off with the same thing every year.  But really, there is nothing that I could write that would better illuminate the onset of veraison than a snapshot of the little marvel that Mother Nature visits upon grape-growers year after year.  I love it. 
These are the very first berries to begin veraison in Vinoland and, as usual, it is the Syrah (a particular old, gnarly vine on 110R.)  I'm a little more on top of things than last year when I was a little tardy to the party.  Be sure, the Pinot grigio won't be far behind.

4 comments:

Thud said...

My fav time of year...in napa anyway.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Yes, I like it too. When everything else seems crazy, I can rely on the vines to add some (vin)sanity to my world.

New Hampshire Wineman said...

"Tarty to the party" hehe!
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Thanks for keeping us in touch with what is happening in Napa!

Vinogirl said...

NHW: You're welcome...pretty sure veraison is happening throughout wine growing regions of the northern hemisphere.