Sunday, March 31, 2019

Pruning, performed.

I'm pooped, but I am finished with pruning (at 4.26 pm, to be exact).  Hallelujah!  It was a tough year, the rain has been incredible, this is the latest date ever that pruning has continued in Vinoland. 
I don't normally drink on Sundays, but the end of pruning always calls for a bit of a celebration.  I opened a bottle of something Vinomaker had given me on my birthday.  Another Crémant D'Alsace, the Emile Boeckel Brut Rosé is a delightful wine - right down to the simulated pink leather label (complete with faux silver stitching).  Quite pink, rather fizzy, very tasty.  Love it!
A second reason to have a glass of bubbles (as if I needed one) is that it was Mother's Day in England today, so cheers to my Vinomum.
Phew.  I'll sleep well tonight.

4 comments:

Thud said...

That sounds rather good, and you know Mum would have joined you in a glass.

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Cheers to the whole Vinofamily!

Thomas B. Brown said...

Check out our great wine products. We have wine glasses, corkscrews, wine decanters and interesting wine products.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Yea, I miss having a glass of wine with our Vinomum :(

NHW: Thank you!

Layla: No thanks.