Sunday, October 29, 2017

Friday night wine.

My journey to England was fantastic.  Well, the connections and timing, that is.  The transatlantic portion of my trip was super bumpy.  I have never experienced such turbulence on a flight, it didn't bother me at all.  After decompressing for a couple of days, Thud treated me to a really nice wine on Friday night (paired with the best wood-fired oven pizzas).  He'd purchased it from my favourite shop, Marks & Spencer.
The Amalaya, Blanco De Corte, 2016 Torrontés-Riesling (Calchaquí Valley, Argentina) was delicious; crisp, fruity, aromatic and refreshing.  Ever so slightly off-dry, the blend worked well with the acidity of the tomato sauce and especially with the crispy pancetta pizza.  Yum and yum.
It's good to be home.

4 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: Happy to hear all is well!
Great review; Amalaya produces some very nice blended wines for few pounds! ;)

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Ha! Thud wouldn't tell me just how many "pounds" he paid for it.

Thud said...

Twas a good nosebag!

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Twas nice. Should have got another.