Friday, March 25, 2016

Happy Good Friday.

And it was a good Friday.  I spent most of my day down in the East Bay running errands and having my hair done.  (One just has to look good when working in the vineyard).  I did a little bit of pruning when I got back up to Napa, walked Vinodog 2 and then observed my Good Friday paschal fast with a nice shrimp/pasta dish - washed down with a Silverado Vineyards, 2014 Sauvignon Blanc (Yountville AVA).  Hardly fasting, I know.
I have to be finished with pruning the Cabernet sauvignon grapevines this Sunday, that includes tying all the canes down.  I think I can do it, but I may need Vinomaker's help with the tying. Meanwhile, the Pinot grigio vines are going crazy: baby flower clusters are visible and the trunks are popping out all over with adventitious buds and shoots (which means lots of extra suckering work).  Happy spring!

2 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: What did you think about the 2014 Silverado SB?

Vinogirl said...

NHW: I knew you were going to ask me that!
I thought it was OK, a little flabby. So I tasted it again next to a 2014 Groth and, whilst the acid was probably at a decent level in the Silverado SB, the Groth won hands down. (And so concluded my double-fisted comparison tasting.)