Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Sweetly doing nothing, or a lot.

Yesterday, I spent almost 2 ½ hours running errands for the owners of TWWIAGE.  I am not complaining, whilst I was out and about, I got to visit some of the most iconic, and prettiest, wineries in the entire Napa Valley.  And high on the pretty-o-meter is the driveway leading to the Far Niente Winery.
The driveway, that wends its way up to the gates of the Far Niente grounds, is impressively lined with more than one hundred Ginkgo biloba trees which look good not only in the summer months, but are very striking even now in the winter. Well done, Far Niente, well done.

4 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Sounds like great fun to me!
Interesting, barren and all, but I once stood in a stand of summer Ginkgo trees, it was Otherworldly :-)

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Traffic in St. Helena was a nuisance, but otherwise just driving around, delivering wine, and visiting some spectacular wineries, was a real treat.
I love Ginkgo trees and Maidenhair ferns :)

Thud said...

The vino elf.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Yes, I'm Santa's little helper - the best elf, the one who brings wine!