Saturday, February 21, 2015

Et tu, Budus?

Ahem!  I think the Pinot grigio vines are trying to seek their revenge on me for sneaking up on them with a sharp pair of Felcos.  Methinks, I'd better watch my back.
I started pruning the Cabernet sauvignon vines today.  They're still dormant-ish, although the pruning wounds are bleeding profusely. Hopefully, in this battle of Vinogirl versus budbreak, I started pruning early enough this year that I'll be finished before the Cabernet, and Syrah, vines wake up, get organised and gang up on me.  "Cry 'havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."  Or something like that.

2 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Just being glib:
Hail hail the gang's all here.
Keep calm and carry on.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: I am keeping calm, I'm not panicking, yet, but tomorrow? Who knows...