Saturday, August 16, 2014

Main Street Reunion 2014.

Another year, another annual Main Street Reunion Car Show.  This is one of my favourite downtown Napa happenings (I may have mentioned that before), I look forward to it every summer.  Once again my English family joined me in enjoying a very sun-reflecting-off-chrome afternoon. 
This year I saw several cars that made me want to own them, not just admire them from afar.  The list included a 1957 Ford Fairlane, a 1959 Chevrolet Impala and a 1966 Plymouth Barracuda.  The silver-flamed 1940 Ford Coupe in the photograph was just very pretty to look at.  Think I'm bad?  Thud had his eye on a lot more cars than me.
Afterwards we all ate together at the house Thud is renting, over on the westside of the valley, for the rest of his holiday.  Burgers and sausages were washed down with one of Vinomaker's finest syrahs, followed by a delicious tarte Tatin made with pears (instead of apples) from a tree on the property (thank you, Tenbellies).  A quick swim and a cup of tea later, I was snuggled up in bed with visions of tailfins dancing through my head.  A good time was had by all.
Vroom, vroom!

4 comments:

Thud said...

Crackin day grommet.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Yes it was.

New Hampshire Wineman said...

The love of cars is not simply a guy thing. I had always had a love-affair with a 1967 V-12 Jaguar XKE.
Good to see all of you having so much fun :)

Vinogirl said...

NHW: It's a fun event, I think you'd like it.