Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Onion.

Having exhausted documenting almost all of the blue coloured wildflowers in Vinoland (although, I still have one up my sleeve), I have had to resort to photographing whatever is currently flowering.  And even that has been a bit difficult with the unusually breezy weather lately, but let me present to you this little, long-stalked cutey, the white onion (Allium neopolitanum).
A little bit of rain here and there (which includes an unexpected, unforecasted heavy shower today), and lashings of sunshine, has resulted in quite a variety of wildflowers blooming in Vinoland this spring.  Besides the white onion, there are plenty of wild hyacinth and blue-eyed grass in flower right now in an area of Vinoland that I won't let Vinomaker mow, for the time being, and it's driving him crazy.  Oh well.  Bloom on little onion.

6 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

This is the best of your flowers!
Just my opinion!

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Yes indeed: very nice composition, soft and yet sharp; this is a publishable picture in my humble opinion. You are an artist!

Thomas said...

It would make a nice poster.

Vinogirl said...

NHW & Tomasso: Gentlemen, you are both so kind.
Don't know how good the photo really is, but I know it took me quite a while to get. It has been so windy lately that everything around me was in constant motion.

About Last Weekend said...

Is that the one that smells really nice - hopefully not like an onion?

Vinogirl said...

ALW: Y'know, I didn't think to smell it. Will be off up the hill on my day off to have a quick sniff.