Friday, March 14, 2014

Budding debut.

There's a lot going on in the vineyard - the least of which includes me, frantically pruning my way through the Syrah -  especially in the Orange Muscat (OM) block where the vines are very enthused.  And there's a lot going on in the OM's new growth; baby leaves, baby tendrils and baby flower clusters.  I love how glossy the OM shoots look when they are brand new.  The weather has been beautiful all week and, I swear to goodness, the OM vines grew a whole half-inch in one day.  I will be finished with pruning the Syrah tomorrow (thanks to a lot of help from Vinomaker) and then I will return to the Cabernet vines.
If anyone needs to find me, I'll be in amongst the Syrah.

4 comments:

Thomas said...

You're killing me.

62 degrees Tuesday' snowstorm and down to 9 degrees Wednesday; back up to the late 40s Thur, Fri and Sat, forecast down to teens Sunday. The roller coaster of March in the Northeast.

I've managed to prune a peach tree and 2/3 of my raspberries--don't know when I'll be able to get back in there.

Vinogirl said...

Tomasso: 79 here today. I actually stopped pruning a little earlier than I had planned to today because I got too warm. Supposed to cool down Monday though.

Thomas said...

On the good side, one of the three peach seeds from last year's fruit has sprouted in a pot. This is the second time I've managed to sprout a peach tree, and I just love the feeling.

Thud said...

Too warm....you're having a giraffe!