Monday, April 08, 2013

Geology matters!

Yes it does, especially when it comes to explaining just why the Napa Valley is such a unique place to farm wine grapes.
Today, I had the pleasure of meeting one of the co-authors of my favourite book on the complex geological history of the Napa Valley: The Winemaker's Dance by David G. Howell.  Y'know, if plate tectonics and other such earth moving events are your thing, this is a great read.  Like some geeky rock (get it?) groupie, I could feel myself blushing the entire time that Mr. Howell chatted to me (about Coombsville) and signed my copy of his book.  Haven't been that excited since I met Johnny Thunders.
Let the good times (rock and) roll!

5 comments:

Thud said...

Mr thunders would not be pleased.

Vinogirl said...

I disagree. I think Mr-Chinese-ROCKS-Thunders would understand. (R.I.P Dee Dee).

Thud said...

There's a new DD in town!

Do Bianchi said...

must agree with Thud here Vinogirl...

what does the quote say? "Biology"?

Vinogirl said...

2B: Hmph...you musicians!

It says 'geology'...Mr. Howell's 'G' is a little stylised.