Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Lamb Day.

On the first ever Thanksgiving Day, English settlers, who were a little short on vittles, were greeted by the indigenous people of the New World with a lamb casserole. In honour of that first holiday, I am preparing a traditional lamb casserole, (cooked in a copious amount of red wine), for my guests.
Well we know it didn't really quite happen that way but I only cook turkey at Christmas and so if Americans want to break bread with Vinogirl on Turkey Day, they have to accept something other than the traditional fowl. I do confess that I love pumpkin pie, so I appease the natives with that. So Lambanana and Vinogirl wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Thud said...

Injuns with lamb casserole?...the mind boggles.

We Are Never Full said...

ha! love it...

f tradition! bring on the lamb!

phlegmfatale said...

Yum. I hate turkey, anyhoo. Hope you had a lovely holiday!

Lord Roby said...

How was the lamb? I know it's a delicacy in the US.I happen to think it's a delicacy anywhere?...Any luck with mint sauce over there?...Just reviewed Beaujolais Nouveau 08 on Two Dogs..Check it out...maybe you can give me a few tips..