Friday, October 24, 2008

Mutant Ninja tomato.

I spent a long relaxing, celebratory lunch with my co-workers today at Auberge du Soleil.  It is my, and Vinomaker's, favourite restaurant in the valley.  Unfortunately he couldn't join me. What fantastic food.  What a fantastic location with splendid views of the valley.  What fantastic weather. The past week's mid 80's temps could lull one into a false sense of it still being summer.  I have to remind myself that as well as the grapevines, everything else is shutting down also, even my vegetable garden.
I ate, drank and was merry.  So much so that a simple dinner was in order tonight.  I opted for a plain chicken salad.  The Lycopersicon above did not make it into the salad because Vinomaker and I thought it too aggressive looking for consumption.  How would that thing digest in my stomach? More to the point, how would I slice it?  More like duel with it...where is a Samurai sword when I need one?  Still, methinks it is quite magnificent in a bizarre, tomato-ey sort of way!

2 comments:

Thud said...

Thats it..one more post mentioning nice weather and you are for it!

Peter Ashley said...

That picture's just reminded me I've got a doctor's appointment in the morning. Thankyou.